With the cutter, cut all frame. Usually I cut with a scissor the border of the parts and with a glue I paste on the PVC. I use this reference to cut all parts, but if you have a laser cutter machine It's more easy.
The first plane are two same plane glued to increase the thickness (6mm) and the robustness.
With a hacksaw cut a M4 threaded rod in different lengths:
- 12 x 6,5 mm
- 4 x 6mm
- 2 x 7mm
After cut a carbon fiber pipe with internal hole of 4mm and external of 6mm:
- 12 x 4,5 mm
- 4 x 4mm
- 2 x 5mm
Carbon fiber pipe
With a 3D printer, you print the passive omniwheel support.
After the 3D printer finish you should use a spacer to align the omni wheel and with two screws fix the spacer between the hole inside the support.
When you have finsh to cut all parts, you can start to assembly all part to complete the frame of dude robot. I suggest to check all parts and prepare the table to start to build the robot.
- 2 meters cable, each one with different colors;
- Fuse holder;
- different connectors (male, female).
Follow the electrical connection on the picture and build all electrical connection.
ASSEMBLY THE FIRST FRAME
- Take all 12 threaded rod 6.5mm of length and assembly long of all holes in the border of the base frame;
- Block all threaded rod with a bolt and insert a carbon fiber long 4.5mm in all rods;
- Assembly and block with screws and bolts the two aluminium motor shaft;
- Assembly the passive wheel support on the back of the frame;
- Finally mount the two motors with two wheels in the shaft.
Finally take the DC/DC converter and fix with 4 screws near the passive wheel. Inside the two little PVC walls you can try to positioning the lithium battery and check the correct dimension of the first robot plane.
ASSEMBLY THE SECOND FRAME
Below the frame:
- Below the frame, bring your USB hub and fix with a double-sided adhesive tape;
- Near the usb hub fix an USB serial converter for the unav;
- Connect the USB cable from the USB serial converter to hub USB;
- Connect the USB hub to the NVIDIA Jetson TK1 assembled before;
- NOT IN PICTURE Add two wi-fi antennas near the frame borders.
Bring your 4 x 6mm threaded rods and mount in the four hole in front of the plane. These rods are used to support the vision sensor plane. The latest remaining threaded rods mount behind the plane, it used to support the cover.
Take your 8 transparent 2mm PVC and assembly between the first and the second plane. All transparent walls are mount on the slots.
When all parts fit. Use your 12 bolts to fix the second plane.
Plug last 4mm and 5mm carbon fiber pipes in all rods.
CAMERA AND COVER
- Assembly the cover and check if all walls cover enter easily inside the slots in the upper frame;
- Cover the unav and dc/dc 5v regulator with the little upper frame;
- Mount over the yellow upper frame the RGBD sensor and put inside the big hole in the upper frame the USB cable;
- Connect the USB cable on the hub usb inside the robot;
- Block the upper frame with the 4 blue bolts.
Copyright © 2016. All Rights Reserved.